Fun Summer Activities for Kids – Summers are meant for fun! Here are more than 25 activities that will keep your kids entertained all summer long. From swimming and biking to visiting the zoo and playing in the park, we’ve got you covered.
There are many activities that you can do together that will create lasting memories. Here are 27 fun activities to do with your kids this summer:
So get out there and have some fun!
Summer Activities to Do At Home
Summer is the perfect time to slow down and enjoy some quality time with your kids. There are endless opportunities for creating lasting memories and having fun together. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
There are plenty of fun summer activities that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home. Whatever you decide to do, there’s no need to let the summer heat get you down.
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
1. Make homemade ice cream or popsicles for a cool treat.
Here are a few recipes in case you need some inspiration:
- Colorful Unicorn Poop Ice Cream from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream from Fried Dandelions
- Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles from Yummy Healthy Easy
- Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
2. Fun Summer Activities for Kids – Go camping in your backyard.
While out in the backyard, the whole family can have a backyard scavenger hunt. The free printable includes picture clues so even your youngest kiddos can participate.
3. Build a fort with blankets and pillows and have an indoor campout.
An oldie but a goodie! Remember making forts when we were kids? The idea is still fun today, and the kids will love it. After the forts are all set up, grab the snacks or make your own treats. For instance, the whole family will enjoy making indoor s’mores!
4. Make homemade pizzas for dinner and let the kids decorate them however they like.
Making homemade pizzas can be fun. You can experiment with toppings and customize them to your liking. If you’re looking for ways to get creative with your homemade pizzas, check out these ideas:
- BBQ Chicken Pizza from Tastes Better From Scratch
- Classic Margherita Pizza from InStyle
- Mini Heart Shaped Pizzas from Homeschool and Happiness
- Cinnamon Crumb Dessert Pizza from Creations by Kara
5. Make tie-dyed shirts or canvas paintings to hang in your home.
6. Go stargazing on a clear night and look for constellations in the sky.
If it’s a clear night where you can see the stars, sit with the kids and gaze at the stars. It’s fun to see the different star designs and constellations. Afterward, you can have your kids make constellations with marshmallows and toothpicks.
7. Make homemade cookies or cakes and decorate them together.
Who doesn’t enjoy baking and easy some delicious cookies? This is a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen and spend some quality time together. Here are a few simple recipes you may want to try:
8. Have a family game night and play some of your favorite board games or video games.
Family game night is so much fun, and it’s a great activity to do with the kids this summer or any time of the year. Grab your favorite board games or video games and battle it out.
Activities to do with your kids this summer
Fun Summer Activities for Kids Outdoors
Outdoor activities are some of the best ways to enjoy quality family time together. There are so many possibilities, and everyone can find something they love to do.
Here are some great outdoor activities for your kids this summer!
9. Go on a nature hike and explore the great outdoors.
Not only is this a fun summer family activity, it’s also a chance to throw some education in there. While hiking and exploring, help show and teach the kids more about the bugs, trees, leaves, and other things you may encounter on the hike.
10. Go fishing and enjoy a peaceful day by the water.
Fishing is a fun sport and a good thing for kids to learn. They will love hooking those fish on the line and seeing what they catch.
11. Fun Summer Activities for Kids – Have a picnic in your backyard or at a local park.
Enjoy the outdoors by having a picnic at your local park or backyard. No matter where it is, it’ll be a fun activity to do with the kids this summer.
12. Plant a garden together and watch it grow throughout the summer.
Gardening is one of our favorite activities during the summer months. It will help get kids outside, you get the opportunity to spend more time with them, and they can learn a lot about the foods they eat. If you’re new to gardening, here are some family gardening tips to get you started.
13. Go swimming at a nearby pool or lake.
14. Ride bikes around your neighborhood or on a trail.
If you’ve got young kids, here are some tips for teaching your kids to ride a bike.
15. Play tennis, basketball, or another sport together.
16. Have a water balloon fight or squirt gun battle.
These “bunch-o-balloons” are so easy to fill! You can fill 100 balloons in one minute! Squirt guns are also fun.
17. Go on a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood or town.
Before heading out, be sure to check out this bundle of printable scavenger hunts the whole family can enjoy.
18. Set up a lemonade stand and sell drinks to passersby.
I love this done-for-you bundle of lemonade stand supplies!
Places to Go This Summer
19. Take a trip to the beach and build sandcastles together. You could even have the family participate in a beach scavenger hunt.
20. Play tourist for the day and visit some local landmarks or attractions that you’ve never seen before.
21. Fun Summer Activities for Kids – Play mini golf or go-karts for a fun day out.
22. Attend a baseball game or another sporting event together.
23. Visit a nearby amusement park or water park for a day of fun rides and slides.
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
The summertime can be a great opportunity to bond with your children and create lasting memories. We hope this list of activities will give you some ideas for how to spend quality time with your kids.
Whether you stay home or explore the world around you, we know these activities will help make this summer one to remember. Have fun!